“The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach the full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.”
The students of our school participated in a number of inter-school events and brought laurels to the school. They secured medals and prizes in various events.
I. EVENT: State – Sub Junior & Junior Aquatic Championship – 2016, conducted by the Karnataka Swimming Association from 1.6.2016 to 4.6.2016
1. ACHYUTH VENKATA RACHUR of Class IX secured
- Second Place in 4 X 100 m Free Style.
- Second Place in 200m Medley
- Second Place in 400m Medley
- Third Place in 100m Butter Fly Stroke
2. NAYAN VIGNESH P of Class VI secured
- Second Place in 4 X 50 m Free Style Relay
- Third Place in 50m Back Stroke
- Third Place in 100m Butter Fly Stroke.
II.EVENT: First HSM Memorial ‘Rapid’ Chess Tournament conducted by Champions Chess Academy from May 13 – May 15 2016
1. DIYA WADHERA of class 9 was placed fourth out of 32 participants.
2. PUJA WADHERA of class 9 was awarded a prize for playing the longest game with Grandmaster SHRIRAM JHA
III. EVENT: LITERARY EVENT
1. DURGA RAJIV CHALOLI of class 8 was awarded
- A Certificate for completing the Beginner’s Course in Story-telling from
Kathalaya Academy Of Story Telling (This is affiliated to the International Storytelling Centre, Tennessee, USA)
- She also completed a workshop on the Topic: Julius Cesar at British Council, Bengaluru.
- DURGA RAJIV CHALOLI completed this year’s challenge in Reading and secured a Certificate and Medal.
IV. EVENT : SOCCER
1. YEASHAS N P and DEVESHWAR SINHA of class 6 represented the Youngster Soccer Camp and secured the first position in the BWFC (Bengaluru Warriors Federation Cup) – conducted by the Malleshwaram Soccer Academy.
V. EVENT: GOLF
1. RISHIKA MURALIDHAR of class 5 secured
- 3rd Position in the Eaglebung - Albatross Junior Golf Championship -2016 (May 26 & 27 ).
- Runner - up position in the Eagleton- IGU South Zone Junior Golf Championship -2016 held on 17 May 2016.
- Runner up position in the IGU- OGC South Zone Junior Golf Championship -2016 held on 18-20 April 2016 at OGC Ootacamund
- Viswamanava Invitation Cup-2016 – Winner in the girls category.
VI.EVENT: SILVERZONE- AKHILA BHARATIYA HINDI OLYMPIAD (2015-2016)
||RIYA ALAMKUNNATH SURESH
|| RAKSHITHA RAMESH
VII.EVENT: SILVER ZONE SOCIAL STUDIES OLYMPIAD (2015-2016)
||SAMARTH SOORYANARAYAN DUJAR
||ADHYA TEJAS FALDU
Our school was awarded the Performance Excellence Award for overall performance in Silver Zone Olympiads 2015-2016 for both the Hindi and Social Studies Olympiad conducted by the Silver Zone Olympiads for the academic year 2015-16.
VIII.EVENT: SOF SCIENCE OLYMPIAD FOUNDATION EXAMINATIONS
||No of TOPPERS
|I||6||GOLD (ZONAL TOPPER)|
|1||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)
|II||4||GOLD (ZONAL TOPPER)|
|2||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)
|III||8||GOLD (ZONAL TOPPER)|
|1 (PARIN)||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)
|IV||2||GOLD (ZONAL TOPPER)|
|1 (SHREYA B SWAMY)||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)
|1 (SOHAM SUDHIR KUDVA)||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)|
|VI||1(SAMARTH SOORYANARAYAN POOJAR)||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)|
|1(JAYANTH S R)||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)|
|VIII||1(RISHAB R HARIT)||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)|
|1(NAKSHATRA KAMALESH)||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)|
|X||1||GOLD (ZONAL TOPPER)|
|1(VIKAS G VASER)||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)|
|XI||1(VIVAN BHADYA)||CLASS TOPPER (GOLD)|
I. EVENT: Ankur Fest conducted by Meerambika school for New Age
In the senior dance competition the following students of class X secured second place:
- Sharvari. A, Snigdha S, M. Ruchitha, Sarayu Shri Ram , Vidhi J ,Savitha . S ,Ruthu R Shivani, Rishika P
In the Event- “ Hindi Geet Par Abhinay” the following students of Class X secured the first prize:
Addhyan Malhotra , Priyanka P Dhondale, Priya Mathews, Abhay Bhat
- SC) In the Event- “ Prastuti Aur Abhivyakti” Shreya Guggari and Ronit R of Class VII secured the second prize in the Junior Category
- In the event “Kannada Kavi Goshti” ,Aditi Arun of Class 8 secured the second place.
II. EVENT: THE HINDU CHESS COMPETITION -2016
- Aaron Aryan Fernandes of Class IX secured the second place in “The Hindu in school Chess Competition 2016.
- Diya Wadhera of Class IX secured the third place in “The Hindu in school Chess Competition 2016.
III. EVENT: S.T.E.A.M 2016 (FEST)
Abhay Bhat of Class X and Sameer Keshavan of Class IX secured the first position in the event “The Frontline Talk”
IV. EVENT: GOLF
Rishika M of Class V has been recognized as one of the World’s Best young player by qualifying and participating in the 17th Annual U.S kids Golf World Championship held from August 4 to August 6 2016 at Pine Hurst, North Carolina conducted by U.S kids Golf.
V. EVENT: SWIMMING
In the State Sub- Junior and Junior Aquatic Championship-2016 held at Ramakrishna Hegde Swimming Pool J.P Park, Mathikere conducted by Karnataka Swimming Association from 1.June to 4 June 2016:
Achyuth Venkata Rachur of Class IX secured
- Second place in the event 200m Medley
- Third place in the event 100m fly
- Second place in the event 400m Medley
- Second place in the event 4 * 100M Freestyle
Achyuth also secured third place in the sub-junior category conducted by the Karnataka State Triathlon Association.
VI. EVENT: Science Drama conducted by Visveswaraya Industrial And Technological Museum
- Adhya Tejas Faldu Class IX
- Aastha Garg Class 9
- Vanditha Chinoy Class 9
- Prerna Balajee Class 9
secured the third prize in the Science Drama Competition conducted on6 Aug 2016 as a part of Hiroshima Nagasaki Day 2016.
VII. EVENT: UCO
In the Unified Cyber Olympiad Shreya Sainaga Aravapalli of Class VI secured second rank at the National Level.
VIII. EVENT: SYNCHRONIZE 2016 (FEST BISHOP COTTON BOYS SCHOOL)
In the Science and IT fest Synchronize 2016
- Amogh Belliappa and Bryan P George of Class XI secured first place in Spectra
- Gahan N Rao and N Krishna of Class XI secured third place in Neural Network
IX. EVENT: LIMIT INFINITY 2016
Organised by Infosys held at Sishu Griha Montessori and High School on August 6 2016.
- Surabhi Vasist and Nidhi Shetty of Class XI were awarded the Certificate of Excellence and has been ranked first runner-up in “What If” Competition.
- Prajwal Prakash of Class XI was adjudged the runner up at “What –If” Competition
X. EVENT: DPS MUN
In the Model United Nations organized by Delhi Public School from 13 July – 15 July 2016, the following students won various prizes.
- N Krishna of Class XI was qwarded the Honourable Position paper in the General Assembly DISEC
- Akshay A of Class XI was adjudged the Commendable Delegate of General Assembly – DISEC representing Austria
- Anirudh Kulkarni of Class X was adjudged the Honourable delegate of the council of European Union – Austria
Krishna Vedantha performed in Chi-Guru, a Vocal- Instrumental program, organized by Shantala Natyalaya Institute and Layapriya, Belgavi on 25th and 26th June 2016 and secured prize.
Trishul J of Class VI secured the Runner-up position in TENVIC a Tennis Tournament organized by Fortune Tennis Academy.
Lohitya of Class III secured a Setuer Medal in the 64th Karnataka State level Regional Abacus Competition – Brainobrain Fest 2016 held on 24th July 2016
XIV. EVENT: LODESTAR
- In the great Indian Career Challenge, Sameer Keshavan and Utkarsh of Class IX, Anirudh Kulkarni and Varun Balakrishna of Class 10 were the Semi- Finalists in the Great Indian Challenge 2016 organised by LODESTAR
- Amritha Sripathi and C S Vinayak of Class X were the finalists in the Great Indian Challenge 2016.
Yogita R Singh of Class III won the first place in the State level Abacus Competition conducted by BRAINOBRAIN on 24th July 2016.
Mukesh Muthukumar of Class VII secured the first prize in the 6th level Abacus exam conducted by A A Academy.
Chaitanya of Class V secured the second place in the Trendsetters basketball tournament, in Junior Category held at National College Grounds.
T Niharika of Class IX secured the winners position in the Badminton- mixed Doubles conducted by Sri Jnanakshi Sports and Cultural Association and Best Club.
Abhigyaan and Sukruth S Kashyap of Class IX secured a special prize in the open house Quiz competition conducted on 6 Aug 2016 as a part of Hiroshima Nagasaki Day 2016.